At Countrywide, we`re not just passionate about property. We`re passionate about the possibilities it opens up - a chance to do more - for our customers and our people alike. We`re transforming perceptions of what we do, and protecting the future of our profession. We provide the deep understanding and expertise that bring people and property together, creating life-changing moments, every day.
About the role
The day to day:
The Employee Relations team sits within our HR Operations team and provides specialist support and advice, predominantly over the telephone, to colleagues throughout our business. The type of support provided is diverse, for example, one minute providing coaching to line managers on how to approach a difficult conversation and the next providing expert input to a challenging case. This team are also responsible for up skilling their HR Helpdesk colleagues, so that as many questions and queries can be answered and dealt with at first point of contact.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Resolving and responding to employee relations related queries escalated from the HR Helpdesk team, or via the ER Manager, you will ensure all query resolutions are captured and resolved.
- Working closely with the other ER Specialists and HR Helpdesk, you will apply relevant employee relations approaches and solutions, in line with our ER / HR support model, to provide clarity and support to our Managers, business leaders and teams.
- Consistently delivering a professional and proactive approach, enabling managers to achieve their objectives, through coaching, and the provision of ER advice that is prompt, persuasive, effective, and evaluates risk. This will include areas such as: Performance Management, Disciplinary, Grievance, Whistleblowing, Absence Management, Diversity, Tribunals etc.
- Providing training to the HR Advisors, being a role model and offering support and guidance where appropriate.
- Supporting changes to and / or the implementation of any new ER policies and procedures. Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure full understanding and embedding of new ways of working.
- Proactively identifying trends and opportunities to improve the ER support and service for our people. Working collaboratively with colleagues to use this insight to evolve and develop ER approaches and solutions.
- Working closely with colleagues in HR, business teams and our internal legal team for Employment Tribunal cases; gathering information, managing and coordinating all activity required throughout the process
- Supporting on ad-hoc project work
- Acting as a visible advocate and role model, creating an environment where our values are consistently demonstrated through your own and colleague`s behaviours.
Who we`re looking for
How we work is just as important to us as the work we do. So we have certain core qualities that we look for in everyone - they help to define what makes us different:
Self-Awareness: This is about developing a greater understanding of the impact we have on each other, and on our customers.
Teamship: As individuals we do a fantastic job. As teams, we can move mountains.
Collaboration: By this we mean working with both customers and colleagues so we deliver the kind of fantastic service that will drive our growth.
We`ve also identified a number of competencies that will help us to drive change - we call them enablers. There are four that are particularly relevant to this role:
People First: You respect and value your colleagues, taking the initiative to work with others to achieve our goals. You share your ideas and listen to those of others.
Customer Focus: You deliver great customer service and a memorable experience. You understand your customers` expectations and seek to exceed them.
Sound Judgement & Resilience: You learn from your mistakes and bounce back. You take the time to stop, think and review, and look for opportunities to take the initiative.
Commercial Awareness: You are regarded as an expert in you role and keep up to date with the latest insight from your industry.
Your skills and experience:
You will bring proven success in a specialist ER role in a fast paced, multi- location and complex business. Having been a valued and collaborative team member, you will offer broad experience advising line managers on the full range of people issues in a complex organisation. With sound judgement in employee relations matters, you will have a thorough and up to date knowledge of employment law and good practice, having led and managed complex ER situations and cases. You will be a good communicator, seen as a `trusted advisor` to others; skilfully coaching and guiding others through complex and challenging people situations.
Arrange a Survey
Please choose an option below...