Internal Control Analyst
In this newly created role of Internal Control Analyst, you will be supporting the Head of Internal Control, key stakeholders and the wider business.
You will act as a source of technical expertise on internal control matters for others across the Group and provide training to improve controls awareness at all levels. You’ll be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work, have the ability to manage your own workflow and build effective working relationships at all levels.
This role would also suit an internal auditor who is looking to move into a second line role.
Job Purpose and Objective
To help the business develop and maintain a sound system of internal control.
You will be responsible for:
- Documentation of financial and operational processes, identification of risks inherent in the processes, walkthrough and testing of controls.
- Support the Group in designing effective controls to mitigate risks in operational processes.
- Perform periodic assessments on the Internal Control Plan, Internal Control Framework or other emergent issues.
- Implementation and follow-up of internal control management action plans to mitigate risks and address findings from audits and internal testing.
- Ensure that management across the Group understand the Internal Control Framework and their responsibilities within it.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the Group and with 2nd and 3rd line teams within other group brands, to ensure an agreed and co-ordinated approach.
- Assist the Head of Internal Control in developing the annual Internal Control Plan and the monthly internal control report.
Your experience and skills will include:
- Relevant professional qualification.
- Previous experience gained in Internal Audit or Internal Control & Risk Management.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and the credibility to work well with Directors/ Senior Management.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality written work and reports.
- Ability to assess the impact and relevance of issues and articulate them in a clear and precise manner whilst ensuring a commercial approach is maintained.
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter.
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks such as SOX and COSO is desirable.
Connells Group is one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK. Founded in 1936 and with a network of 1200 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing, EPC provision, surveying, corporate lettings, asset management, land & planning, LPA receivers and auctions.
Connells Group UK is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Equality Act 2010
Arrange a Survey
Please choose an option below...